Re: 60-foot flat cars

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Paul Koehler wrote:
Did Bill say whether or not they would have plastic or wood decks? I sure hope they are the plastic ones as the wood grain does not scale down on the wood decks and the plastic ones look a 100% better. What does everybody else think?
Full agreement. I've struggled to try and weather "real" wood convincingly (and hide the huge grain), which I think is tough in HO scale. By comparison, I believe I can get a realistic darkening and grayness easily on a plastic deck, along with distressing it without creating immense "splinters" (which they would be if HO).

Tony Thompson
2906 Forest Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705
(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937;
e-mail: thompson@signaturepress.com