Re: GN USRA DS Box Cars

npin53

John,

As for your ladder question on a GN USRA box car, I am not sure if I have ever seen a picture of one with the grab irons. The majority of them would have had the ladders.

Here is a link to some information.

http://www.steamfreightcars.com/gallery/boxauto/gn25096main.html

Also, at the Westerfield website there is some information along with their kit #3815 description.

http://www.westerfield.biz/

Aaron

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, John Golden <golden1014@...> wrote:

Gentlemen,

I'm finishing a GN USRA DS box car, and was wondering if you might be able to lend advice on painting.  For a model circa 1950, would correct paint be all mineral red, or mineral red with black ends and roof?  Also, what is the correct underframe color?  Or, are there multiple variations for my timeframe?

I also understand some GN cars had ladders that replaced the grabs on the car sides.  At what time did that modification occur, and would you know if that mod was made for certain cars or the entire fleet?

Thanks!

John

John Golden
Bloomington, IN