Re: Proto AAR Standard 50 Ton NKP 3000 Flatcar

Mark, Style "A" is correct. The trucks in the kit are correct, however the wheelset may not be. Depending on your modeling period. Proto 2000 has historically shipped ribbed back wheelsets with most of their kits. They were banned for interchange service in 1958. After WW2 all new cars were built with smooth back wheels. I don't know off the top of my head when the 3000 series was built.

Rich Christie

--- On Thu, 4/29/10, Mark M <bnonut@...> wrote:

From: Mark M <bnonut@...>
Subject: [STMFC] Proto AAR Standard 50 Ton NKP 3000 Flatcar
To: STMFC@...
Date: Thursday, April 29, 2010, 8:22 PM

I am building this kit. Replaced the plastic grab irons.
What metal stirrup steps would be on this car(style A?). Have A-line metal style A and DA styles side and bottom mount.

Are the supplied trucks correct? Have no photo of this car. Found a 2700 series in 1940 Car Builders which looks similar to this car.

Any help will be great.
Sincerely, Mark Morgan