Re: Accurail coal loads

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

I use a lot of them, and they are pretty good in about all respects. So far, I have left them alone as OEM on the layout and in this environment I have few personal or external complaints; but as I upgrade individual car detailing (a project akin to the slowly- advancing thin edge of a wedge), I may well apply an added veneer of coal, gravel, crushed rock, ballast, gold dust, etc.

I have not kit bashed them for other cars, but after reading the comments for those who have done so, I will certainly be looking into it.

I'm not certain why the embedded ball bearings are a problem for those wishing to easily and manually remove a load with a handy-dandy magnet. That is why it (ball bearing) is there, Its free with the load, and it too is removable from that load.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Sacramento