Re: Conoco Tankcars

bill_d_goat

My question is which paint scheme would be most prevalent in 1950? Would that paintscheme be found on the AFC type 21 tankcars? As a follow up question who makes decals for the paint scheme? I have looked at Champ but they don't have Conoco decals listed on there website. A search of Microscale was not productive either.

Thanks

Shay Stark
Dear Shay
The following is from an answer provided to me from Richard Hendrickson a while back.
"All the photos I've seen of the black cars with white billboard lettering date from the late 1950s and '60s. There were some black Conoco cars in the 1940s, but they didn't have billboard Conoco (instead they had Conoco's triangular red and white logo)."
I was asking about my 1943 era, specifically the aluminum with black billboard vs the black with white billboard.
Since Richard said LATE 1950s, it would appear that for 1950 you would want the aluminum with black billboard and black with the triangular logo. FWIW.
Bill Williams