Re: Accurail coal loads

Tim O'Connor

Are the Accurail coal loads solid castings, or hollow plastic
like Athearn's coal loads? The magnetic removal sounds good to
me!

Tim O'Connor

At 5/8/2010 12:38 PM Saturday, you wrote:
I use a lot of them, and they are pretty good in about all respects.
So far, I have left them alone as OEM on the layout and in this
environment I have few personal or external complaints; but as I
upgrade individual car detailing (a project akin to the slowly-
advancing thin edge of a wedge), I may well apply an added veneer of
coal, gravel, crushed rock, ballast, gold dust, etc.

I have not kit bashed them for other cars, but after reading the
comments for those who have done so, I will certainly be looking into
it.

I'm not certain why the embedded ball bearings are a problem for those
wishing to easily and manually remove a load with a handy-dandy
magnet. That is why it (ball bearing) is there, Its free with the
load, and it too is removable from that load.

Denny