From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of
jerryglow@...
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 5:31 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: new decals added

Sorry - been busy setting up the old computer that was downgraded to the
train room. The ACL set was inspired by my friend Steve Hoxie who I'm hoping
will write it up perhaps in the SCL-Modeler (cuz I know John Golden has been
pumping him for input).

I did a similar one years ago for Frisco (see:
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/modeling/SLSF_rebuilt.html
<http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/modeling/SLSF_rebuilt.html>
You cut the side/roof casting apart and discard the roof scratching a new one
from sheet and strip stock. Assemble the "box" using Tichy's 5-5-5 ends and
an Accurail USRA underframe (necessary because the kit is a rebuild from a
50ton SS car and we're modeling a one from a 40ton DS car).

I can go into further detail if necessary but that's the basics.

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@... <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com> , Mike
Aufderheide <mononinmonon@...> wrote:

Jerry,
Are the ACL rebuild changes to the Tichy model described in a magazine
article, or is it simpler than that? Sounds like a car I would like to make.
Mike Aufderheide