Re: Murder in the Private Car

WILLIAM PARDIE

Thanks Al And Pat:

I'm glad that I was able to catch this film on TCM. I didn't watch
most of it but my wife called me for the steam sequences at the end.
As an SP steam modeler all I can say
is "What a treat". A real surprise was a shot of the bridge over the
Sacramento River which I have from Overland and is awaiting
installation on my layout.

Thanks for the "Heads Up".

Bill Pardie

On May 12, 2010, at 4:42 PM, Al and Patricia Westerfield wrote:

Watched the film today. It's not very good - basically an "old dark
house" on wheels. However, it was made in close cooperation with SP.
The finale has lots of action as the private car, uncoupled from the
train, rolls down hill over bridges and through freight yards. One
interesting thing. As the car uncouples on the fly the film is
flopped so that the forward car's road name is mirror writing. Looks
like SP didn't want its name associated with such an action.
Recommended. - Al Westerfield