From: Andrew Miller <aslmmiller@rcn.com>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, May 13, 2010 11:18 pm
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Those pesky 40-foot FGE/WFE/BRE/NX steel reefers

I knew someone would be introducing a 40' plug door iced reefer soon, because I
ust finished a project to build 15 of them using the old Trains Miniature sides
ith I/M roofs and ends and an Accurail floor. For the FGEX-WFEX-BREX cars as
ell as the PFE R40-26 I used the I/M diagonal panel roof and improved
readnought ends from the R40-25 they did some years ago for the Amarillo
useum. For the various models of SFRD cars I used the I/M SFRD ends and SFRD,
ectangular or diagonal panel roofs and straight or fishbelly centersill
ccurail floors depending on the SFRD model.
Now to my point. The same technique might be tried to improve the forthcomming
ccurail cars. Instead of carving ladders off the ends, you might replace the
nds with I/M ends!
regards,
Andy Miller

From: lnbill <fgexbill@tampabay.rr.com>
What I am dreading is carving the ladders off of the ends.
Bill Welch
-

Individual Email | Traditional
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/