Re: Overland Gatx on eBay right now, Re: Need Help with GATX Tank Cars from the 1950s

Richard Hendrickson

On May 14, 2010, at 11:28 AM, Ned Carey wrote:

Athearn "chemical tank" with a Precision hood and
perhaps a Sunshine frame to make the ICC 105 car.

There is an Overland Insulated GATX car on E-bay right now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&item=120563949018&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

I would bid myself but I am not sure asphalt would travel across
the country.
Highly unlikely, Ned. But that model, including the lettering, is
dead-on accurate, as it was developed from a Will Whittaker photo in
my collection, so it's an attractive offering to anyone who models
the SP or Santa Fe in California.

Richard Hendrickson