Re: Need Help with GATX Tank Cars from the 1950s

Richard Hendrickson

On May 14, 2010, at 10:31 AM, Joe Walder wrote:

Tony -

OK, thanks. I hope that you and Richard remain on good terms (and
I hope I didn't open up a can of worms here)?
Joe, any inquiry about GATC tank cars opens up a huge can of worms.
However, Tony is absolutely correct that the designation for wine
cars, cotton oil cars, etc. was AAR 203, not ICC 203, since they
carried non-regulatory commodities and thus were not subject to ICC
regulation. I now know better, but unfortunately mistakes made in
print (or in clinics) tend to live on, as in the case of Bruce
Smith's post. Bruce, you owe me and Tony a beer at Naperville.

Richard Hendrickson