Re: 40-foot FGE/WFE/BRE/NX steel reefers correction, clarification, amplification

devansprr

SNIP...
This was actually a shrewd marketing decision because, as
modeled, they can be used by a large number of late steam and
transition era modelers for whom a model with original roof would not
be correct. However, back-dating the models with a flat-panel Murphy
steel roof wouldn't be all that hard. Also, the 1940s P/L scheme was
adopted before WW II (when the black herald backgrounds were
deleted), so WW-II era modelers can justify having a BLI model with
new roof and relatively fresh paint just by back-dating the reweigh
date.

Richard Hendrickson
Richard,

Many thanks for the great information - looks like I need to put a few on my to-buy list, with light weathering as opposed to heavy.

Dave Evans