From: "Tim O'Connor" <timboconnor@comcast.net>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2010 10:40:36 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Cinders

Clark, you can Google for "ash content of coal" -- I found a page
that says typical bituminous ash content is 3.3% to 11.7% by weight.

Tim O'Connor

At 5/16/2010 09:55 AM Sunday, you wrote:
We were talking the other day about power plants at medium sized industries. Asking ourselves, but not knowing the answers to the questions; How many car loads of coal would the average boiler power generating system use? And what's the percentage ratio of coal to clinker or cinders?

In other words how many 50, 55 ton car loads of coal to gondolas of cinders?

Thanks for any advice
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa