Re: BLI NYC Spec 486 40' Box Cars

rwitt_2000

Catalogs are generated by marketing people not experts on freight cars
and BLI would not be the first manufacturer to put incorrect numbers and
road names on a model.

This is a model many of us have hoped for for many years and I hope the
"consultants" will help BLI get it correct. It seems until test shots"
of the model are available for review, all comments are just
speculation. I am patiently waiting for photos of the actual model as
then we all will know which one BLI did.

Regards,

Bob Witt
Indianapolis, Indiana

"Bruce Smith" wrote:

Rich,

AFAIK, the bulk of the information on this project has been supplied
by
a very knowledgeable STMFC member whose membership status in the NYCHS
is not known to me. In addition, at least 2 members of the PRRT&HS
Modeling Committee (one of them being me) were approached for
assistance
with this model, although about all I could do to help was emphasize
that it was an incredibly important steam era freight car and to point
them in the direction of those who know more than I! <G>

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL