Re: Rebuilt cars by Erie RR

Bill Welch

These will likely be available from Speedwitch sometime soon. There is another group of steel cars sold to WIF by the Thomasville High Point & Denton. These look like a 10-ft IH X29 with Duryea u/f. The WIF cars had a circular herald with kind of yellow center. Champ did these decals years ago. I have sent photos of these to Martin at Sunshine who seems interested in doing this small but interesting group of cars. CNJ had similar cars w/1-1/2 doors.

Bill Welch

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Panhandle Division 1953" <prrinvt@...> wrote:

List,

With the recent discussion of the West India Co.; I went looking for photos of the cars. I find that some of them were cars rebuilt by the Erie by placing steel on the outside of the truss frame, and behind the frame members on the ends. They retained the wooden doors.
Has anyone make a kit that is accurate for these cars? W.I.F.& S. Co. # 521 is the photo in question.

Fred Freitas