Re: Interesting Box Cars, but no models? Part 1

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Thanks for that info, Bill!

-----Original Message-----
From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
lnbill
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:59 AM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Interesting Box Cars, but no models? Part 1

The Rock island 50' is available from "Rocket Express Models" and is a great
model. Speedwitch did NP SS DD car and CB&Q is in the pipeline from them if
not already issued.

MP car easy to do IMO from ex-MDC line.

Bill Welch

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com> , "Gatwood,
Elden J SAD " <elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

All;

I have been re-reading many of the landmark articles on box cars that
Ed Hawkins, Richard Hendrickson, Rich Burg, Jim Eager and others wrote
for the mags in the late 80's and 90's, and was wondering why some of
these interesting box cars have not been produced in model, much less RTR
form.

Beginning with the 50-foot single sheathed cars (Rich Burg article -
RMJ Nov '89), there are very appealing cars that MILW, Bamberger,
CB&Q, GN, NP, MP (later AC&Y), and RI owned. I am aware of the
Westerfield GN car, but does anyone make any of the others in HO?
Given these were around for a long time (into the 60's at least), and
were such significant cars, and also given the numerous oddballs one
finds in resin form, I am surprised I haven't seen these more numerous and
important cars in HO.

Elden Gatwood