Re: Interesting Box Cars, but no models? Part 1

Richard Hendrickson

On May 19, 2010, at 10:25 AM, jerryglow@... wrote:

I was unaware any MP ones went to AC&Y but I'm pretty certain some
went to Ashley Drew and Northern.
The cars that went to the AC&Y in the '60s were ex-Frisco cars, some
rebuilt with single doors and others still with the original doors
but the auxiliary doors secured shut. The original SL-SF numbers
were in the 152000 series, and there were 100 cars with end doors and
200 without. Unfortunately, the Athearn (ex-MDC) models are only
loose stand-ins at best for those cars.

The second-hand cars that went to Ashley, Drew & Northern, as well as
to Fort Dodge, Des Moines & Southern (later Des Moines and Central
Iowa), were ex-Rock Island cars.

I have photos showing all of these variants and dimensioned diagrams
for the Frisco cars.

Richard Hendrickson