Re: Wish List.... May 2010 release

Charlie Vlk

Tony-
Yes, the Trainworx car is nominally 46 feet inside and the example I have (D&RGW) has that on the stenciling. They are fine models with etched ladders and stirrups. The MicroTrains car is nice as well and is of a 40 foot car. There are so many choices that one can pick and choose based on how accurate a model has to be. This can be a sliding scale, different for each roadname and prototype... and the purchase may be a placeholder until something better comes along. I try to buy the accurate release from a manufacturer and ignore the foobies in the theory that a product I don't buy because it is inaccurate doesn't offend me unless the base model has 1) major error in the tooling for its prototype or 2) totally screwed up paint job for the roadname that the carbody is accurate for.
You would never make it in N Scale. N Scalers have learned to coexist with Micro-Trains Collectors as we realize that their Smokey the Bear and Republic of Guam cars help finance new carbody types.... and besides, it is fun to see a Collector faint when you show up with a rare car that has been weathered!!!!

Charlie Vlk

Trainworx's car s apparently 46 feet (can you confirm,
Charlie?), though they freely letter it for several roads' 40-ft.
cars. Sigh.