From: Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
Subject: Re: [STMFC] CNW Modified 1937 AAR boxcars
To: STMFC@...
Date: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 9:25 PM

Anyone have a date for when the C&NW began using simplified yellow
lettering (without any slogans) on their box cars? I have an early
60's shot of CNW 82678 that appears recently painted, but I'd like
to know if this style began before 1960.

Tim O'Connor

At 5/29/2010 06:49 PM Saturday, you wrote:

Brian, I have an in-service shot of 82928 which shows ASF A-3s, Apex
running boards, "Route of the 400 Fleet" stenciling, if that's any help.

Richard Hendrickson