Cars we need [Was: PRR X-29's, NYC Lot 486 . . .]

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Tim O'Connor wrote:
I beg to differ with that -- how about the ALTERNATE STANDARD AAR HOPPERS? How about Bethlehem 52'6" mill gondolas? And GSC 125 ton depressed center flat cars? (Lots of owners over a very long lifetime.)
Three good examples, Tim. I've always wondered why no one has done those GSC drop-center flats, because they not only were widely owned but are "neat" cars, and you can put terrific-looking loads on them.

Publishers of books on railroad history