Re: Cars we need [Was: PRR X-29's, NYC Lot 486 . . .]

Todd Horton

The GSC flats were done in brass many years ago. I have two of those and they're really nice. I don't recall who the builder or importer was. It would be n eat to see them done in plastic. The C of G had 5 of them, they were all assembled in their shops basically from kits

________________________________
From: Anthony Thompson <thompson@signaturepress.com>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, May 30, 2010 2:16:35 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Cars we need [Was: PRR X-29's, NYC Lot 486 . . .]

Tim O'Connor wrote:
I beg to differ with that -- how about the ALTERNATE STANDARD AAR
HOPPERS? How about Bethlehem 52'6" mill gondolas? And GSC 125 ton
depressed center flat cars? (Lots of owners over a very long
lifetime.)
Three good examples, Tim. I've always wondered why no one has
done those GSC drop-center flats, because they not only were widely
owned but are "neat" cars, and you can put terrific-looking loads on
them.

Publishers of books on railroad history