From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of Tim
O'Connor
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2010 2:44 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Cars we need [Was: PRR X-29's, NYC Lot 486 . . .]

Todd Horton wrote
The GSC flats were done in brass many years ago. I have two of those and
they're really nice. I don't recall whoƂ the builder or importer was. It
would be n eat to see them done in plastic. The C of G had 5 of them, they
were all assembled in their shops basically from kits

E&P did some of them in brass -- there are detail differences between
prototypes -- the decks could be wood, steel, or a combination, and some
had built-in tie down devices while some did not. Also early trucks were
plain bearing while some later cars received roller bearings.

The E&P models are beautiful. They fetch high prices now -- saw a NYC
model go for $353 (unpainted!) on Ebay last November.