Re: reweigh data

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Dennis Storzek wrote:
I might also point out that there is no reason why a car should get it's periodic re-weigh on the home road; many did, but many did not.
This is an interesting point, Dennis. I've routinely looked at freight car photos with this subject in mind (among lots of others of course), and I have the IMPRESSION that the considerable majority of reweigh symbols ARE on the home roads of cars. Has anyone done this more systematically, or actually acquired statistics on the point? My own decaling practice is to use almost all home road reweighs, but I'll certainly change if there is specific evidence to the contrary.

Publishers of books on railroad history