Re: reweigh data

Bruce Smith

Dennis Storzek wrote:
I might also point out that there is no reason why a car should get
it's periodic re-weigh on the home road; many did, but many did not.
Tony replied:
This is an interesting point, Dennis. I've routinely looked at
freight car photos with this subject in mind (among lots of others of
course), and I have the IMPRESSION that the considerable majority of
reweigh symbols ARE on the home roads of cars. Has anyone done this
more systematically, or actually acquired statistics on the point? My
own decaling practice is to use almost all home road reweighs, but
I'll certainly change if there is specific evidence to the contrary.

Tony,

IIRC, Greg Martin commented on this a few years back. His extensive
photo survey showed about 20% off-line repacks and around 10% off-line
reweighs.

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL