Re: DL&W wood auto boxcars

Richard Hendrickson

On Jun 3, 2010, at 12:13 PM, Ken wrote:

I'm looking for info and pictures about the wood door and a half
auto boxcars of the DL&W in series 12000 to 12999, built in the mid
1920's. They look like USRA double sheathed boxcars with a little
extra height and 2 doors in a 10' opening.
I have a few dimensions from ORERs and a small hand full of
pictures from Taber's Lackawanna series and the RPI website. Could
use a few more photos and maybe a car diagram. These cars were gone
by the end of WWII, since they aren't in my earliest car diagram
book from 1947.
Ken, I have a print of a builder's photo from the AC&F archives which
I will scan and send off-list.

Richard Hendrickson