Re: Terry Wegman PFE R-30-16 conversion sets

JP Barger

-----Original Message-----
From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]On Behalf Of Ed
Hawkins
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 4:57 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Terry Wegman PFE R-30-16 conversion sets

Hi, Ed et al: As you were composing your emaiI , Ed, I was on the
phone with Larry Leicht at IRC during which we were again discussing the
lettering and herald changes to item IRC 47403, PFE R-30-18. Larry concluded
that in the current run IRC should correct the colored UP herald and
continue to offer the car with the correct post 1946 double heralds ( the UP
herald in the colored version). This leaves the post 1951 scheme to a future
run, of which he will be mindful.

On Jun 2, 2010, at 12:50 PM, JP Barger wrote:

> There is one more change accurately pointed out by Ed Hawkins after a
> look
> at the flyer. That is the appearance of the colored UP shield on item
> 47403.
> It needs to be modified to remove the word Railroad from the upper
> blue
> field, and the white border on the shield needs to be removed, also.
> These
> two incorrect details (on the 1946 UP heralds) are featured later on
> the
> post 1951 black and white UP heralds. Again, there is plenty of time
> to make
> these changes.

J.P.
Of course, the other way to correct the error is to simply change the
color of the UP medallion to black and white while retaining everything
else "as is" on the model. Better yet, for modelers interested in
either the late 1940s period or the post-1953 period (which the model
#47403 would represent without periods in the reporting marks), both
versions would be appreciated.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins