Re: decal finishing help

Barrybennetttoo@...

Try

_www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html_
(http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html)

I have used it mainly to make plastic windows look like glass, and it makes
a better water effect than varnish.

Johnsons Klear has gone from the shelves here in the UK as it needs ammonia
solution to clean it off properly, which make a lovely whiff when used to
clean an air brush. Definitely an outdoor job.

There is a substitute that I have not tried yet, which can be cleaned up
with vinegar.

Cheers

Barry Bennett
Coventry, England.

jfbrewer@... writes:

Brain,

I just used Future for the first time on a few freight cars and was very
happy with the results. As Jack mentioned, it is not necessary to apply to
the entire car; I sprayed several light coats and allowed to dry overnight.
I sprayed windshield washer fluid through my air brush to clean it. When
applying the decals, I used just water to set them in place, instead of the
Micro Blue label; I blotted the excess water. I too applied Dullcote over
the model. I am very happy with the results and will use it for future
projects.

Jim Brewer

Glenwood MD