From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of
Matthew
Sent: Saturday, June 05, 2010 11:05 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: decal finishing help

Brian J Carlson wrote:

I've not been happy with my last few decaling projects with Testor's
Glosscote. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Brian,

I do a lot of custom brass work (mostly "O" scale but also some "S" and
"HO") for clients all over the US and Japan. I also custom paint and letter
the completed models. These a VERY demanding folks.

I went through all the common clear topcoats that the hobby traditiionally
uses, and then a few years ago, discovered Krylon 1311 Matte Finish. It's
the clear, non-yellowing topcoat that is most often used by artists in
setting completed charcoal drawings on paper.

http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarestore.com/49-266-all-purpose-spray-paint/k
rylon-spray-paint-464560.aspx

It gives "beyond" fabulous results (sprayed right from the can). I have
since totally given up on Testors and other products, and use the 1311
exclusively.

In the past, I have attempted to place images in a folder in the photo
section, but since all have to be approved, and none ever have (still
waiting), I'd be more than happy to send you a few pics off line of some
completed models.

I recently finished off a mega-redetailing, re-powering and
painting/lettering of an "O" scale brass PRR I1sa. Again, I would be more
than happy to send you or anyone else that would like to see, images of
completed models on which I used the 1311 spray.

mforsyth127@... <mailto:mforsyth127%40yahoo.com>

Matt Forsyth

Modeling the D&H Penn Division/
Erie Jefferson Division