Re: BLI NYC all-steel box cars

gn3397 <heninger@...>

Tim (and Group),
An alternative would be to supply Mr. Glow with a nice broadside photo or twelve, and ask him if he would be interested in generating the artwork. A set that includes the later 50s style of NYC lettering would be useful to many modelers, especially as a larger portion of the hobby moves to a post STMFC era for their modeling.

Sincerely,
Bob Heninger
Iowa City, IA

Thanks Tom, but I should have been more specific -- I meant
decals for the mid to late 1950's. After a search through my
catalogs and decals I've found nothing appropriate to model
this car or cars like it:

http://www.broadway-limited.com/images/NYC%20105065%20%28resized%20for%20web%29.jpg

CDS and Mark Vaughan did sets for this style of repaint but
only for postwar AAR (CDS) and prewar AAR (MV) -- so the data
are in the correct style but are not for the much smaller
spec 486 cars. And of course Ted is not interested in the
later 50's (although he did a nice set for SP repaints).

So it's factory paint for me! (Not my preference.)