From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of
water.kresse@...
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 9:07 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] so that's how they did it!

Guys,

After WW2 the Auto Industry jobbed out a lot of the Station Wagon bodies to
small contractors who had built auto-type assemblies for the war efforts.
Ionia Mfg (Ionia, Michigan) produced extended Jeep bodies, truck box
sub-assemblies with seats and canvass, etc. They then produced Buick Stn
Wagon bodies that were shipped on their body trucks to Buick City in Flint,
Michigan, to be dropped on running frame assemblies to then have the bolt-on
front end sheet metal and bumpers added. I believe they produced other GM
"Woody" Stn Wagon bodies also. Fisher Body Chevy produced their own wagon
bodies.

Great shot! Does anyone recognize the body style?

Al Kresse