From: "Tim O'Connor" <timboconnor@...>
To: <STMFC@...>
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 11:11 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: New MTH HO scale freight cars

Bob Witt wrote

The [MTH] ARA 70-ton quad hoppers do appear to have door locks and the
ladders appear to [be] very thin or separately attached parts. This model
may be a useful addition.
I don't know why Athearn has upgraded a number of the old MDC open hoppers
with wire grabs and other improvements and NONE of their own cars - yet -
but I figure they could always do it very quickly if they wanted to. So
barring someone coming out with a Kadee quality ARA 4-bay, I'll just wait
patiently to see if Athearn ever does one. If not, well, it's not like I
don't have scores of other projects in the queue...