Re: New MTH HO scale freight cars

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

MTH is a different and militantly (some say litigiously) independent toy train company that is well known for keeping their own counsel, while studiously ignoring all others, not the least industry standards that are in any ways different than their own perceived proprietary products and visions for their use.

More to the point of those of the avowed prototype modeling fraternity, they are not really interested in "our" business, nor what we might think. MTH's HO products are aimed at the Toy-Train-Writ- Small niche market, a small but apparently relatively affluent group that teeters between traditional toy trains and scale models. IMHO, lIke most such "neither fish nor fowl" products, they are unsatifying (I am also a toy train collector), and they are destined to become orphans.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Sacramento