Re: Excuses for getting more covered (cement) hoppers?

Richard Hendrickson

On Jun 15, 2010, at 4:11 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Richard, weren't there some other unusual minerals along the
Santa Fe, like vermiculite or perlite? Other long distance cargos
for covered hoppers are talc, gypsum, soda ash, trona, alumina,
bauxite, silica sand, borates, bentonite, kaolin... probably many
more.
No doubt true, but most of that covered hopper traffic developed in
the '50s and later, well past the era I model, so I don't know the
details of what was shipped or where it went.

Richard Hendrickson