Re: Reproducing Z-bars on single sheathed cars

Randy Hammill

Yes, the Speedwitch K104 series for the 36' Fowler Patent boxcar has undercut z-bars for the side bracing. The sheathing for the master was obviously built board-by-board as well and it's a beautiful model. It's also a one-piece body.

I'm not sure if any of the other kits have the undercut z-bars.

Randy Hammill
http://newbritainstation.com

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "spsalso" <Edwardsutorik@...> wrote:

I believe it's practically impossible on an injection molded single sheathed boxcar to reproduce the undercut to model the Z-bars that were commonly used. But I'm wondering if this is also the case for cast resin models. Is anyone aware of resin-cast single sheathed cars where the undercutting to reproduce the Z-bars properly was done?

Ed

Edward Sutorik