Re: Wood Kits

Donald B. Valentine

--- In STMFC@..., "ed_mines" <ed_mines@...> wrote:

--- In STMFC@..., Don Valentine <riverman_vt@> wrote:
Anytime a genuine wood, as opposed to say wood chip and resin,
product is used for anything it is extremely important to seal ALL
surfaces of it.
Yes, I agree it's better to seal all surfaces. What about silk screened car sides like the one included in the old Mainline kits? Any comments Denny?

Ed
I can't speak for Denny, Ed, but have three Mainline express reefer kits (I'll bet you can guess which ones, too! (-: ) that were built back in the late 1960's at the MIT club when I belonged to that
group. They are not used much these days and have been stored in a
number of locations since and seem to have had few problems when I last viewd them a couple of months ago.

Cordially, Don Valentine