Re: What tank cars would be most appropriate . . .

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Tim O'Connor wrote:
Tony, what I meant is that the ORER info -combined- with the Proto 2000 lettering can help you decide whether the car is
appropriate for your era. So far I haven't heard about any bogus schemes or car numbers on the P2K cars although many are
too early for me.
Very true about P2k. I was thinking about your warning for IM tank cars. And you're right about the ORER helping to determine era for a car number (though of course one needs to have a copy for one's era, or close to it), but obviously it can't help with a PAINT SCHEME of the wrong era, on a correctly-numbered car.

Publishers of books on railroad history