Re: What tank cars would be most appropriate . . .

Tim O'Connor

Yes, the ORER can't do it alone. But for example, I have the
A. E. Staley corn syrup car in the orange paint scheme. The car
has a built date of 1920... but the tiny lettering on the right
side has a stencil date of 1953. So I know that car is ok for
me. A 1920's version of the same car probably was black.

Tim O'Connor

At 6/21/2010 03:34 PM Monday, you wrote:
Tim O'Connor wrote:
Tony, what I meant is that the ORER info -combined- with the Proto
2000 lettering can help you decide whether the car is
appropriate for your era. So far I haven't heard about any bogus
schemes or car numbers on the P2K cars although many are
too early for me.
Very true about P2k. I was thinking about your warning for IM
tank cars. And you're right about the ORER helping to determine era
for a car number (though of course one needs to have a copy for one's
era, or close to it), but obviously it can't help with a PAINT SCHEME
of the wrong era, on a correctly-numbered car.

Tony Thompson