Re: What tank cars would be most appropriate . . .

Tim O'Connor

Intermountain did a black Staley car, and a silver Staley car.
But I don't know if either one is correct.

Tim O'Connor

At 6/21/2010 04:51 PM Monday, you wrote:
Tim O'Connor wrote:
I have the A. E. Staley corn syrup car in the orange paint scheme.
The car has a built date of 1920... but the tiny lettering on the
right side has a stencil date of 1953. So I know that car is ok for
me. A 1920's version of the same car probably was black.
There was a silver Staley scheme too, IIRC. I think Drake did it
on their brass GATC 8k car--possibly valid.

Tony Thompson