Re: [Gould Railroad Standard Wooden Cabooses

jerryglow2

MP's Magors and clones vary considerably in the end platform detail and steps as can be seen in my modified one:
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/more/Magor.html

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "cvlk" <cvlk@...> wrote:

The Magor design caboose that Atlas offers in HO and N is a mini-standard (PM, C&EI, C&O, MP) but AFAIK the PM, C&O and NKP didn't order any cars as a Van Sweringen "standard".
Morrison had a modular design steel caboose but the length, window arrangement, cupola/bay window/none, etc.. could be cusomized so that no two looked alike.... EJ&E and BRC are examples of how different they could look. Kato's "Shorty" caboose in N (Cambria & Indiana prototype was released; BRC transfer style was planned as was a bay window (LI) version but they were not).
Charlie Vlk

----- Original Message -----
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2010 6:09 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: [Gould Railroad Standard Wooden Cabooses

The Van Sweringen roads didn't share any caboose designs?

At 6/21/2010 06:49 PM Monday, you wrote:
>The "Harriman" (UP CA, SP???) is the only "standard" wood caboose I am aware of.
>St. Charles car company built cars for the CB&Q, MP, CM, and others that were pretty much alike (like the Morrison-International "Wide Vision" cars are similar) but not identical.
>The so-called "USRA" wood caboose may be close but I haven't seen any study on the pedigree of that family to say if it qualifies as a "standard", even the steel version has about as many variations as the ATSF "1900" clones (WAB, Alton, CRR, etc..).
>Charlie Vlk

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.