NP Truss Rod Reefers

Paul Lyons

I recently bought a HO scale W&R brass Northern Pacific wood reefer with a "fishbelly" center sill and a truss rod outboard on each side. The car has the standard NP radial roof and a vertical brake staff. It has a 1917 build date and is painted in company service with a 1937 date, I believe the correct number series for these cars were #94400-899; and #94900-95999. Road number of the model is 94564. My question is how long did these car run in revenue service. Looking in my 1944 ORES, it shows 471 cars in these two series and 62 are still shown in the 1950 ORES. I am having trouble believing there were still 62 truss rod reefers running in revenuse service in 1950. Was there maybe a re-numbering in the late 40's? Any info is greatly appreicated.

Paul Lyons