From: Armand Premo <armprem2@surfglobal.net>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, Jun 24, 2010 7:39 am
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Branchline and other box cars offerings

Andy,In my humble opinion there is plenty of room for both.Unfortunately undecorated kits lie dormant because of a lack of appropriate decals or dry transfers.How do you explain the popularity of resin kits and the multitude of laser cut building kits?Somebody must be buying them.The largest investment is in the cutting of dies.Once done, the cheapest part of the operation is decorating the car body for more than one era or one paint scheme.There are many who like to kit bash or further enhance current offerings.If there are any out there who might have kits that they aren't going to build get them out there so others who build, will.It is very difficult to have to strip a RTR car and reletter or super detail it.Until the manufacturers realize that there is a market for both ,I'll continue to spend my money on resin.Armand Premo