Re: NP Truss Rod Reefers

Richard Hendrickson

On Jun 24, 2010, at 2:20 PM, cobrapsl@aol.com wrote:

Richard,

Thanks for getting me straight. Now, in your vast array of frieght
car photos do you have a picture of one of these reefers in the
late 40's, early 50's?
Unfortunately, I don't. The two photos I have both date from the
late 1930s. I'm attaching one of those, from the Joe Collias
collection, as well as a photo of a nearly identical car but without
the side sill truss rods that was taken at San Francisco in 1941 by
Will Whittaker, as it shows the P/L scheme that was adopted in that
year. I also have a shot of a similar car in the same P/L
scheme,somewhat weathered, in 1953 which I'll attach to another e-mail.

Richard Hendrickson