Wabash 50' #19000-19124 Autocar #19000-19124

Paul Lyons

I am finishing one of the Sunshine "Mini" kits. It is one where a Proto 2000 double door boxcar is converted to a Wabash auto car in the #19000-19124 series. The photo that is part of the instructions is not very clear, therefore, I need a little help to finish it accurately. Can someone tell what trucks were used on the prototype? Also, the instructions says the prototype used a wood running board, but in the photo the running board looks awful "thin" like it might be steel. Can someone confirm the running board on the prototype was wood?

Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Paul Lyons