Re: Ann Arbor war emergency hoppers

Lawrence Rast

Any suggestions on decals for such a project?

Many thanks.
Larry Rast
Fort Wayne, IN

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Bruce Smith <smithbf@auburn.edu> wrote:

Folks,

With some PFE reefers just about done, I'm getting into a hopper mood!
I have a few excess C&O war emergency hoppers (P2K), but since C&O cars
were rarely, if ever seen on the PRR, I was thinking of stripping one
and repainting it Ann Arbor. I am in the process of chasing down the
RMJ articles on the war emergency cars, but in the mean time, I was
curious to know how many of these cars the Ann Arbor had.

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL