From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of John
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 6:01 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Atlas 1932 boxcar...

Hi Elden,

Well, I didn't intend to open anything up, but I have been dissatisfied with quite a number of Sunshine offerings over the years. I'm thankful Martin does what he does and does it well, but I have had occasional trouble over the years with detail rendition and fit. I have never had these problems with Westerfield, Speedwitch or F&C.

I hear Mike jingling te jail key in his pocket so I'd better wrap it up and change hte subject.

Speaking of Westerfield, I don't know how I'm going to afford all the cars I want before 01 April 11. I'll bet he stays open a little longer to fulfill all the last-minute orders...like mine.

I'm also really interested to see the NYC cars coming from Broadway/PCM this fall. If they're close I'll pick up quite a few.

John

John Golden
Bloomington, IN

--- In STMFC@...<mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com>, "Gatwood, Elden J SAD " <elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

John;

I am glad you opened this one up. I have noticed some disparities between
some of my Sunshine kits that I can't figure out, and had done a comparison
of my Sunshine and Branchline-based X29Bs, and noted that some of the
detailing on the former was oversized (riveting esp) and a bit sloppy.
Similar to the comparison of Sunshine and RC X29's. Don't get me wrong, I
love the cars, but up really close, they look very different. I also have a
Sunshine and F&C X26C not built, and they also look very different.

Elden Gatwood