Re: Standard Oil (1942) Tank Car?

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Gordon Andrews wrote:
My layout has a location for a Standard Oil Distributor. (Sanborn Map shows four vertical tanks so it wasn't huge. My time period is 1942. Location western North Carolina.

I've hunted for photos but haven't found Standard Oil specific photos which as I recall is because they weren't lettered that way.
You're right, Gordon. The tank cars serving all the various Standard Oil companies around the country at the time you're modeling were from Union Tank Line, lettered UTLX.

Publishers of books on railroad history