Erie 97322 and ACTX 549

Richard Townsend

In 1921 the Colorado & Southern "converted" Erie 97322 to C&S boxcar No. 14690, most likely after a wreck and paying the scrap value. This was a car with a wrong-way door. Can anyone direct me to a photo of an Erie car from the same series?

Also in 1921 the C&S converted "ACTX 549" to a water car. My oldest ORER is from 1952, and it shows no ACTX reporting marks at all. I'm guessing it might be a transposition for ATCX, but I am wonder if any can tell whether there was an ACTX reporting mark in 1921. Also, any information on this tank car?

Thanks.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon