Re: Tichy P&LE Rebuilt Boxcar

Pieter Roos

That was an excellent article, but I think narrowing the roof was an error. I suspect the sides needed to be off-set out further from the original ends. Can anyone comment on whether the Murphy roof would have been made in different widths?

Pieter

--- In STMFC@..., Jim Hayes <jimhayes97225@...> wrote:

Tony, there's a Clark Propst article in Prototype Railroad Modeling Vol. 1
about kitbashing an EJ&E rebuilt USRA boxcar. It uses IM cut down sides and
narrowed roof with Tichy ends and Accurail fishbelly underframe. Another one
of my partially completed projects.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon
www.sunshinekits.com

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Anthony Thompson <
thompson@...> wrote:

The discussion of this model prompts me to ask how close the
Tichy kit is to the EJ&E cars of the same ancestry. The photos I have
do not show enough details to be certain, but certainly the overall
look is similar. And Jerry Glow has done decals for that car.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, thompson@...<thompson%40signaturepress.com>
Publishers of books on railroad history