Tangent Scale Models: NEW HO ACF 70-ton Gondola schemes available July 28!!
At today's NMRA National Train Show in Milwaukee WI, Tangent Scale Models is pleased to announce that our stunning ACF 52-6 welded 70-ton drop-end gondola is available July 28 in 6 new paint schemes! Our precision models cater to both steam-transition modelers with original delivery schemes from ACF, as well as our first repaint offerings! The schemes:
- Delaware, Lackawanna, and Western (DL&W), "original black 1951 scheme" with ACF-applied "Road of Anthracite" logo, 6 road numbers available
- Penn Central (PC), "green scheme", 6 road numbers available
- Pennsylvania Railroad G31B, "simplified keystone scheme" in PRR 1960s Freight Car Red, 12 road numbers available
- Pennsylvania Railroad G31B, "original 1951 scheme" PRR Freight Car Red, 6 NEW road numbers available (additional road numbers to the cars first released in Fall 2009)
- Southern Pacific G-70-12, "original 1953 scheme" SP Freight Car Red, 6 NEW road numbers available (additional road numbers to the cars first released in Fall 2009)
- Wabash, "original black 1951 scheme black, 3 NEW road numbers (additional road numbers to the cars first released in Fall 2009)
- Undecorated Primer Gray assembled
Want to see photos of our spectacular replicas? See http://tangentscalemodels.com/acf70tongondolareplicas.aspx for a link to the new models!
First produced in 1948 for Pennsylvania Railroad as class G31, PRR alone purchased 11,600 welded cars of this body style in the G31/G31A/G31B/G35, serving the "Standard Railroad of the World" in every corner of North America in many customer applications. If you model somewhere in North America, you can use a PRR model; PRR had more of these gons than some railroads had cars! Besides PRR, other railroads purchased these gondolas from ACF, and some former PRR cars were purchased second-hand by various railroads. Most of these gondolas were phased from revenue service during the 1990s.
The Tangent Scale Models prototype replica of the ACF-produced PRR G31B has never been produced in HO scale, making it a distinctive addition to any freight car fleet. And as typical of our products, we take the time to focus on execution of all the small details. We studied the prototype to accurately reproduce it with the following:
- Highly accurate "true to life" colors
- Exact fonts and lettering placement
- Scale-sized side tie-downs
- See through tie down holes
- Stand-off ladders
- Wire grab irons and coupler lift bars
- See-through brake platforms
- Interior detail
- Road-specific handbrakes applied to match production specifications
- Air hoses
Our new gondola road continues to come with the well-executed Tangent Scale Models 70-ton ASF A-3 Ride-Control trucks with free-rolling all-metal wheels. Our ready-to-operate replica is finished with coupler lift bars accompanying Kadee® scale couplers and sufficient hidden weights to ensure the model operates as good as it looks.
Pricing for our new RTR gondolas is $29.95 each, and we offer discounts for quantities of 6, 12, and 24 models. Feel free to "mix and match" your own multi-scheme order!
We are debuting these cars at the National Train Show this weekend in Milwaukee WI. The models are on US soil and will begin shipping on July 27. Order online today from www.tangentscalemodels.com for fastest, guaranteed shipping.
If you are in Milwaukee, please drop by booth 62 and say hello, and witness the production models in person!
In case you missed it, in May we announced a new run of PS-2 4000 hoppers. Info available here:
We thank you for continuing to support the little guys in our big industry!
Tangent Scale Models
"Unparalleled scale replicas for discriminating railroad modelers"
PO Box 6514
Asheville NC 28816