From: Frederick Freitas <prrinvt@...>
Subject: Re: [STMFC] model car weight
To: STMFC@...
Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 7:30 PM

Mark,

          May I ask how the use of Sargent couplers is working out for your operating sessions?

Fred Freitas

From: bnonut@... <bnonut@...>

To: STMFC@...

Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 5:48 PM

One party, NMRA member, told us the original weight requirements were put in place for the early trucks. Guy models the B&O in the fifties. He had quite a few articles in Railroad Model Journal.

I usually use two large nuts per boxcar. Leave one truck loose and keep the other tighter.

Prefer the semiscale wheels and sergent couplers.

Mark Morgan

From: "Pierre" <pierre.oliver@...>

Sender: STMFC@...

Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 21:38:06

To: <STMFC@...>

Subject: [STMFC] model car weight

With the growing use of semi-scale wheel sets and their improved rolling characteristics, has anyone done any research or have an opinion on the suggested weight of model freight cars?

I thought I had heard one opinion that the the NMRA RP for car weight are somewhat heavy for today's better rolling models.

Thanks,

Pierre Oliver